- June 10, 2021
- Posted by: Shalini Nagarajan
- Category: Featured
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. Tech stock futures slip as investors brace for a jump in inflation. See what markets are doing today.
2. China arrested over 1,100 suspects in a crypto-related money-laundering crackdown. Criminal clients paid up to 5% commission for the conversion of dirty money into crypto, a ministry said.
3. Reddit traders have scared away bears from meme-stocks. The tally of stocks with high short interest has diminished from mid-January when the GameStop frenzy began.
4. Chamath Palihapitiya’s SPACs will offer retail investors a way into their IPOs. 5% of shares in the companies would be made available on SoFi’s trading platform.
5. SEC’s Hester Pierce worries stricter US rules will hurt the crypto market. She isn’t sure new guidelines could be good for innovation.
7. On the data docket. The US consumer price index, continuing jobless claims, 4-week bill auction, and the 30-year bond auction are due.
8. Forget bitcoin and other hypervolatile cryptocurrencies. For everyday transactions, the future of money is stablecoins.
9. The CEO of investment-research firm Fintel built a tool to help retail investors identify opportunities. Wilton Risenhoover shares 20 heavily shorted stocks primed for a squeeze.
10. Gerry Frigon’s stock fund has soared nearly 700% in 14 years. Here’s what he’s buying to bring his clients another decade of outsized profits.