- May 14, 2022
- Posted by: Bastion team
- Category: World News
Headlines: 13 May 2022
– Elon Musk temporarily putsTwitter purchase on hold
– Bitcoin falls below $30,000, what is causing the crypto-collapse?
– Russia’s currency, the ruble, is one of three that made gains against the US dollar this year,in spite of sanctions.
– California governor Gavin Newsom releases new proposal that includes the sending of gas stimulus checks to the state’s residents.
– Average price for gallon of gas in US inches up further, $4.43 on Friday.
– Oil topped $105 again after priced lowered Monday on news of Saudi discount to Asia and Europe.
– Inflation increased 0.3 percent in April, for a year over year increase of 8.3 percent.
– US 30-year fixed mortgage rate rises to 5.3% according to St Louis Fed, increased rate could cool house price rise.
– As supply chains disruptions lead to increases in prices, they are also causing a baby formula shortage.
Helpful information and links
– What is the average retirement income for a single person?
– How long does it take for a SNAP application to be approved?
– Pros and cons of a 30-year or 20-year mortgage for home purchases